- Nick Warren bio
- You can tell when Nick Warren’s on the decks. The music emanating from the man is that perfect club mix of driving percussion and soaring musicality, bursting out of the speakers, soaking everyone in melody, drenching them in sound.
- On the floor, where it really matters, his crowd experience all the peaks and troughs that make his music so unique. Locking on early, you’ll hear his deeper take on house, which morphs, as the club mood changes, into harder territory, music for sweating and losing yourself to. That’s why Nick Warren is so respected, because he knows how to truly work a club, and a crowd, delivering again and again. That’s what comes with vision and, just as importantly, experience.
- Nick, a music obsessive who grew up on punk, reggae and pop was, like so many DJs turned onto the power of house music. Living in Bristol, he’d been playing tunes for a few years before, running his own club night finally catching the attention of a group of guys who had their own band, he was asked to be their tour DJ when they went to play America. The group was Massive Attack.
- His sound is entirely unique, sourced by forging relationships with cutting edge producers all over the globe, most of his set still made up of unsigned new electronic talent. This is no better represented than in the continuing series of compilations and his bi monthly Soundgarden show.
- He has also taken over A&R at Hope Recordings as the final link in the chain that allows him to represent the sound that he has so long championed.
- Nick Warren isn’t for standing still, he loves what he’s doing too much for that, but you know that already.